The Winding Rivers Library System (WRLS) offers a rare opportunity to work, and serve, in a library system impacting over 280,000 residents living in western Wisconsin. WRLS is seeking a full-time Collaborative Consultant. This newly created position reports to the WRLS Director and includes the following responsibilities:
• Develops resources to promote and coordinate collaboration among member libraries to include developing shared calendars, coordinating programming and facilitating communication.
• Coordinates promotion among member libraries to include print materials, press releases, social media, and shared calendars.
• Manages shared resources such as ECHO (Exploring Cultural History Online) digital collection, digital conversion kits, STEM kits, and more.
• Coordinates and implements the System’s continuing education offerings, including the development of workshops and creation of an annual workshop schedule.
WRLS is a public library system located in West Salem, WI (just east of La Crosse) serving 34 public libraries in seven counties, covering over 5000 square miles, in communities ranging in size from 288 to 52,000 residents.
This position requires:
• A masters degree from an ALA accredited institution and two years of relevant professional experience; though experience and an interest in further education will be considered.
• Innovation, creativity, and risk taking.
• Excellent communication skills and an out-going personality.
• A strong desire to serve a diverse array of libraries and staff.
• A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive long distances in various Wisconsin weather conditions.
This position offers:
• The opportunity to make a difference for libraries and communities in west central Wisconsin.
• Committed and dedicated colleagues, appreciative member library staff, a supportive and forward-thinking board of trustees, and a collaborative mindset among library systems around the state.
• The opportunity to live, work, and play in the incomparable driftless region of Wisconsin.
• Full-time salary of $56,448.
• Two weeks of vacation after six months, four weeks after a year; health, dental, life, and income continuation insurance; and Wisconsin retirement.
• A flexible schedule.
Send questions and/or application (cover letter & resume) to Kristen Anderson / firstname.lastname@example.org / 608-789-7119. Apply before January 5, 2018 for first consideration.