Mark your calendars for February 12th at 8 a.m. to watch the Youth Media Awards live as the Caldecott,Coretta Scott King, Newbery and other awards are presented for the best materials for youth from 2017.
Each year the American Library Association honors books, videos, and other outstanding materials for children and teens. Recognized worldwide for the high quality they represent, the ALA Youth Media Awards, including the prestigious, Coretta Scott King Book, Caldecott, Newbery, and Printz Awards, guide parents, educators, librarians, and others in selecting the best materials for youth. Selected by committees composed of librarians and other literature and media experts, the awards encourage original and creative work in the field of children’s and young adult literature and media.
The 2018 Youth Media Award announcements will take place on Monday, Feb. 12, at 8 a.m. MT from the Colorado Convention Center. Fans can follow 2018 results in real-time via live webcast at http://ala.unikron.com/2018, or follow hashtag #alayma.
The ALSC Blog wants you to Submit Your Mock Election Results! Does your library hold mock awards? Do you discuss outstanding materials for children and teens?
Again this year, the ALSC Blog is compiling winners of Mock Elections from around the country. Check it [Submissions from libraries across the nation] out here. We hope to see these lists grow extensively in the coming months. You can also find this tab at the top of the page of the ALSC Blog.
If your school or library is offering a Mock Election program for students, staff, or patrons, we’d love to add the results to the list! We will be compiling results from this year’s
- Mock Caldecott discussions
- Mock Newbery discussions
- Mock Coretta Scott King discussions
- Mock Geisel discussions
- Mock Printz discussions
- Mock Pura Belpré Award
Other “Best of the Best” lists you should have on your radar:
- Kirkus Best Fiction of 2017 By Category
- Publisher’s Weekly Best Books of 2017
- School Library Journal: Top 10 Audiobooks in 2017
- School Library Journal: Top 10 Graphic Novels 2017
- Library Journal’s Best Media 2017: Audiobooks, videos, music, and games
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Audio for Youth, 2017
- School Library Journal Editors’ Picks: Board Books Make Us Happy
- VOYA (Voice of Youth Advocates) Magazine Booklists
Submitted by Anne Hamland