The West Bend Community Memorial Library and the City of West Bend announce the opening of the Library Director position. The Library Director implements library policies and projects and provides leadership for improving library service to the community in accordance with policies established with the Library Board.
The responsibilities for this position include:
* overseeing all administrative functions of the library
* working cooperatively with the Library Board, by providing administrative support, acting as its executive secretary, and providing monthly reports at its monthly meetings
* developing and preparing the budget for approval
* managing and maintaining the library?s finances
* developing and overseeing a variety of materials and services designed to meet the needs of a diverse public
* supervising staff and volunteers
* implementing personnel policies and establishing work rules
* developing a long-range strategic plan, in conjunction with the Library Board
This position requires a master?s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited University, three to five years of significant administrative and supervisory library experience, and excellent customer service and leadership skills.
West Bend Community Life:
The City of West Bend is in southeastern Wisconsin. The city is home to the Museum of Wisconsin Art, the Washington County Historical Society Center, UWM- Washington County, Kettle Moraine Technical College, numerous restaurants, specialty stores and family friendly activities. Outdoor enthusiast may enjoy the Eisenbahn Trail for walking and bike riding, the Milwaukee River for kayaking and fishing and beautiful parks, like Lac Lawrann for relaxing and enjoying nature.
One of the most beautiful places to visit is the West Bend Community Memorial Library, a member of the Monarch Library System. The Library and the Monarch System offer so much to the community.
Visit the following community links for more information:
Starting salary is $70,875/year.
This position is open until filled. EOE. Submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to the selection committee c/o Brad Ney firstname.lastname@example.org