This is a full-time benefited exempt professional position in the Community Partnerships Section of the Appleton Public Library. Work involves community engagement, outreach, and partnerships; coordinating the provision of library services to teens, providing reference and readers advisory service to patrons of all ages at the adult public service desks; including working with a teen advisory board, promoting teen services, implementing teen programming, planning and implementing the teen summer library program, implementing library instruction programs for school groups and adults, and working as a member of Community Partnerships Section Team. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Community Partnerships Supervisor. Some evening and weekend work is required.
Examples of Duties
• Build relationships with teens, their parents and organizations that serve teens;
• Develops, implements and promotes inclusive teen programs, services and community initiatives;
• Maintains a library teen space and supports a welcoming environment for all community members;
• Maintains, preserves and selects materials for the Young Adult Collection and contributes to general library collection development;
• Consults, communicates and occasionally partners with staff serving tweens and younger adults. Supports broad community engagement as needed;
• Advances education, inspiration, creation and innovation in the library and community;
• Provides reference and readers advisory service to patrons at adult public service desks, in the community, via telephone, and via online platforms;
• Instructs and empowers patrons and community partners in the use of library resources;
• Makes presentations to the public, to community partners, and to staff;
• Works to advance section strategies to meet the objectives of the library and City of Appleton.
The closing date is August 18.