Libraries Win Website Services
To suggest additions, please email Anne Hamland at email@example.com.
Fall Co-work Day: Oct 18 @ Thorp
No CE contact hours are offered. The draft agenda is below. I may be adding a section on the new functions of the builder after the most recent update. Quite a bit changed.
Please bring a laptop to work on your website. Need to borrow one? Request one when you RSVP! You’ll need to bring all of your passwords, files, and ideas. Please let Anne Hamland know if you have any questions or if you anticipate needing any type of accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 930-945 Introductions
• 945-950 Resources
• 950-11 Accessibility Best Practices: Ensuring your website follows best practices in accessibility ensures a smooth user experience and positively affects search engine optimization, or how well your website performs in internet search results..
• 11-12 Design Options/Worktime
• 12-1 Lunch out (local options tbd)
• 1-3 Topics determined by attendees/Worktime
Abbotsford Public Library
Neillsville Public Library
Rhinelander District Library
T.B. Scott Free Library, Merrill
Thorp Public Library
Tomahawk Public Library
Withee Public Library
Augusta Public Library
Amery Public Library
Boyceville Public Library
Boyceville Public Library
Cadott Public Library
Deer Park Public Library
Elkmound Public Library
Elmwood Public Library
Fall Creek Public Library
Frederic Public Library
Hammond Community Library
Menominee Public Library
Milltown Public Library Wi
Osceola Public Library
Plum City Public Library
Prescott Public Library
River Falls Public Library
Somerset Public Library
Turtle Lake Public Library
Libraries Using WordPress/Divi
- Intro to Website Services 2017
- Webmaster Webinar March 2018
- WordPress/Divi navigation refresher
- Google Cimple Calendar plug-in
- Webmaster Webinar June 2018
- Tockify calendar plug-in
- Embedded Google calendars and forms
- Library information in Google search results
- Webmaster Webinar July 2018
- Search Engine Optimization basics
- Yoast SEO Plug-in and Divi SEO with Cara Hart
- Webmaster Workshop P1 May 2018
- Updates and access
- Helpful resources
- Tour of websites
- Divi is responsive demonstration, design with mobile and desktop in mind
- Tour of sliders on websites
- Slider sizes using Measure IT Chrome Extension
- Canva, free version or use non-profit information to apply for Pro version to have access to magic resize option. Make a desing once and then resize it for Facebook!
- Slider vs. Blogpost slider
- Rebecca Kilde “About Pages”
- Webmaster Workshop P2 May2018
- Book cover carousels
- Calendars: embedded Google Calendars, Event Calendar, Tockify
- Exporting modules and pages (if you want to use someone else’s design or aspect.
How To Resources
Getting Started With Web Design
- Planning Your Website
- Getting Started
- Design Details: Color, Images
- Website Testing Tips
- Resources: Books, Webinars, Articles
Description of Service
Read the Libraries Win Website Services Outline for a full description.
- IFLS and WVLS libraries.
- Virtual meeting for libraries interested in website services.
- Designated library webmaster.
- Standard WordPress website using the Divi theme.
- Content gathered from current website and library webmaster.
- Two co-work days a year.
- Virtual meetings as needed to review or explore current and future new website options.
- Website user listserv to distribute information.
- Contact your Domain Name Service (DNS) provider. The place where your domain name is registered.
- Have your DNS provider create an “A” record with dev.yourlibrary’scurrentURL.orgorcomorwhatever that points to 184.108.40.206.
- Content to gather:
- Files of your library’s logo. (png. jpg.)
- Library address, phone, email.
- Staff information and contact information.
- Any images you would like on your website. (png. jpg.)