Hartland Public Library is looking for a creative, energetic Youth Services Librarian. This position is 40 hours a week including some evening and weekend hours.
Successful candidates will:
• Develop and build a strong relationship between the schools and the library
• Have considerable knowledge of modern library science theory and practices
• Be welcoming and helpful, with exceptional customer service skills
• Encourage and foster relationships with the surrounding community
• Have a passion for early literacy and library services
• Conduct a wide variety of programs for children ages preschool to teens including planning and implementing summer reading program.
• Provide reference and readers’ advisory services to patrons of all ages
• Be able to work independently
• Have strong technology and organizational skills
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 2+ years’ experience working in a Youth Services Setting. Position includes competitive pay and a generous benefits package. Please see website for full job description. Applications and resumes due January 11 2019 to: