To suggest additions, please email Anne Hamland at email@example.com.
Create your own professionally formatted and print quality eBook. Submit your eBook to the Wisconsin Authors Project through Self-e OR send your eBook to a publisher OR print it out.
Wisconsin Public Library Consortium (WPLC)
The Wisconsin Digital Library and other project are made possible by the WPLC. Get connected with email updates.
Help and Informational Resources
WPLC Information and Resources
Wisconsin Public Library Consortium (WPLC) is the project manager for the Wisconsin Digital Library (OverDrive & Libby).
- Join the WPLC Announcement List subscribe for OverDrive announcements.
- OverDrive Reporting Instructions and Infographics
- What to do if you can’t solve a patron’s problem with Wisconsin’s Digital Library (OverDrive) .
- Why the long hold lines? This handout’s goal is to help educate both library staff and patrons about the long holds in Wisconsin’s Digital Library that goes a little more in-depth with why our budget can’t meet demand.
WVLS OverDrive Advantage Selection Committee
Meeting minutes, monthly budget reports, committee members, and details on the titles in OverDrive Advantage orders.
Katie Zimmerman of County Public Library, Chair
Kate Sullivan of Marathon County Public Library
Cindy Wendt of Minoqua Public Library
Jenny Jochimsen of Abbotsford Public Library
Loralee Petersen of Owen Public Library, Secretary
- OASC July 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC June 2018 Purchase Report
- WVLS OASC May 2018 Purchase Report
- WVLS OASC meeting minutes for May 5, 2018
- OASC April 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC February 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC January 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC November 2017 Purchase Report
- OASC October 2017 Purchase Report
- OASC September 2017 Purchase Report
- OASC August 2017 Purchase Report
- OASC July 2017 Purchase Report
Funds – WVLS has granted the committee $20,000 to be used between June 2017 and December 2018. This breaks down to approximately $1,110 per month or about 25-30 titles.
- The committee uses one cart.
- Selectors will choose around 15 adult books and 10 youth (middle grade and YA titles) to purchase each month. Consideration will be given to hold ratio, cost of title, demand within WVLS, and to covering both ebook and audiobook formats.
- 1st Thursday of the month after the 11th, Kate Sullivan will check the WPLC holds list and streamline it for our committee to reflect titles that have the greatest number of WVLS patron holds. She will then email the spreadsheet to committee members.
- Members are to make their choices by the following Wednesday (18-25th) of the month.
- The cart will be purchased the following day on Thursday.
- Cindy Wendt, Kate Sullivan, Loralee Petersen and Jenny Jochimsen will compile the list of adult titles to buy. Cindy and Kate will choose 5 titles. Jenny will choose 3 and Loralee will choose 2.
- Katie Zimmerman, Loralee Petersen and Jenny Jochimsen will choose the youth titles. Katie will choose 5, Loralee will choose 3 and Jenny will choose 2.
- Each selector spends up to $220 and must purchase a minimum of four (4) items with their discretion considering their purchase category duties.
- If a selector has not added their titles at the time of purchase, the purchaser will add appropriate titles and complete the purchase while considering the total cart cost.
- After this is completed, Cindy Wendt will place the order for the final choice of titles.