To suggest additions, please email Rachel Metzler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our Advantage donors!
These donations purchase additional titles which directly benefit WVLS digital library users.
- Antigo Public Library Foundation, September 2021
- Abbotsford Public Library, June 2021
- Granton School District, March 2021
- T.B.Scott Free Library, March 2021
- Rhinelander Woman’s Club, Rhinelander District Library, December 2020
- Loyal Public Library, December 2020
- Stacy Kunz, MCPL User, June 2020
- Withee Public Library, May 2020
- Owen Public Library, May 2020
- T.B.Scott Free Library, April 2020
- Minocqua Public Library, April 2020
- Abbotsford Public Library, April 2020
- Granton Community Library, April 2020
- Granton School District, April 2020
- Three Lakes Library Foundation, 2019
- Library User, T.B.Scott Free Library, 2019
- Antigo Public Library, 2018
- Phyllis Christensen, former MCPL Director, 2018
OverDrive App Discontinued February 2022
“We recommend that all partners actively promote Libby and remove references to the OverDrive app from library websites and promotional materials.
In future phases, we will be actively encouraging OverDrive app users to switch to Libby, with a goal of moving most over by the end of 2022.” ~ OverDrive
How this initial change will impact users:
- Current OverDrive app users can continue to use the app.
- New users looking for the OverDrive app will be directed to Libby.
- All users can continue to use, borrow, and open titles from your library’s OverDrive website via a browser.
OverDrive Status Page
The OverDrive Status Page displays the status of browsing and searching, signing in, downloading, and reading and/or listening to a book.
WVLS OverDrive Advantage Account
Please find resources for the WVLS OverDrive Advantage Selection Committee below.
- August 2021 Purchase Report
- June 2021 Purchase Report
- May 2021 Purchase Report
- April 2021 Purchase Report
- March 2021 Purchase Report
- February 2021 Purchase Report
- January 2021 Purchase Report
- December 2020 Purchase Report
- November 2020 Purchase Report
- October 2020 Purchase Report
- September 2020 Purchase Report
- August 2020 Purchase Report
- July 2020 Purchase Report
- June 2020 Purchase Report
- May 2020 Purchase Report
- March 2020 Purchase Report
- February 2020 Purchase Report
- OASC December 2019 Purchase Report
- OASC November 2019 Purchase Report
- OASC October 2019 Purchase Report
- OASC September 2019 Purchase Report
- OASC August 2019 Purchase Report
- OASC July 2019 Purchase Report
- OASC June 2019 Purchase Report
- OASC May 2019 Purchase Report
- OASC April 2019 Purchase Report
- OASC March 2019 Purchase Report
- OASC February 2019 Pruchase Report
- OASC January 2019 Purchase Report
- OASC December 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC November 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC September 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC August 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC July 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC June 2018 Purchase Report
- WVLS OASC May 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC April 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC February 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC January 2018 Purchase Report
- OASC November 2017 Purchase Report
- OASC October 2017 Purchase Report
- OASC September 2017 Purchase Report
- OASC August 2017 Purchase Report
- OASC July 2017 Purchase Report
Rachel Metzler, Wisconsin Valley Library Service, Chair
Katie Zimmerman, Wisconsin Valley Library Service
Kate Sullivan, Marathon County Public Library
Cindy Hultman, Minocqua Public Library
Jenny Jochimsen, Abbotsford Public Library
Loralee Petersen, Owen Public Library, Secretary
Maria Pregler, Antigo Public Library
- The committee uses one cart and orders monthly.
- Selectors will choose around 20 books to purchase each month. Consideration will be given to hold ratio, cost of title, demand within WVLS, and to covering both ebook and audiobook formats. An effort will be made to purchase young adult/juvenile title when th demand is present.
- 1st Thursday of the month after the 12th, Kate Sullivan or Jenny Jochimsen will check the WPLC holds list and streamline it for the committee to reflect titles that have the greatest number of WVLS patron holds. She will then email the spreadsheet to committee members.
- Members are to make their choices by the following Wednesday (18-25th) of the month. When complete, members will email the group to communicate how many adult and youth titles were selected.
- The cart will be purchased the following day on Thursday.
- Prepare monthly spreadsheet: Kate S. (odd) and Jenny (even)
- Select titles: $228.84 May and June 2022, $352.25 July – December 2022 per selector, not less than 3 items.
- Maria Pregler (Antigo)
- Jenny Jochimsen (Abbotsford)
- Kate Sullivan (MCPL)
- Cindy Wendt (Minocqua)
- Loralee Petersen (Owen) – donations and substitute as needed.
- It is acceptable to buy an additional copy of a title if an item has higher than usual holds.
- Place orders: Cindy, Rachel Metzler (WVLS) as backup
- Maintain budget spreadsheet: Rachel Metzler.
- If a selector has not added their titles at the time of purchase, the purchaser will add appropriate titles and complete the purchase while considering the total cart cost.
- After this is completed, Cindy (or Rachel M.) will place the order for the final choice of titles.
Funds – WVLS has granted the committee $20,000 to be used between June 2017 and December 2018. This breaks down to approximately $1,110 per month or about 25-30 titles.
- OASC Adv Monthly Report January 2019
- 2018 WVLS Advantage Financial Report December
- 2018 WVLS Advantage Financial Report September
- 2018 OASC Monthly Report February
- OASC Monthly Report November 2017
- OASC Monthly Report October 2017
- OASC Monthly Report September 2017
- OASC Monthly Report August 2017
- OASC Monthly Report July 2017
Wisconsin Public Library Consortium (WPLC)
The Wisconsin Digital Library and other statewide projects are made possible by the WPLC. Get connected with email updates.
Help and Informational Resources
WPLC Information and Resources
Wisconsin Public Library Consortium (WPLC) is the project manager for the Wisconsin Digital Library (OverDrive & Libby).
- Join the WPLC Announcement List subscribe for OverDrive announcements.
- OverDrive Reporting Instructions and Infographics
- What to do if you can’t solve a patron’s problem with Wisconsin’s Digital Library (OverDrive) .
- Why the long hold lines? This handout’s goal is to help educate both library staff and patrons about the long holds in Wisconsin’s Digital Library that goes a little more in-depth with why our budget can’t meet demand.
Wisconsin Valley Library Service
300 N 1st Street
Wausau, WI 54403