Recordings available now!
WVLS public library staff are invited to attend your choice of three upcoming workshops offered through the Libraries Activating Workforce Development Skills (LAWDS) project.
Meet your partners in providing workforce and community resources! Library staff and workforce partners will gather virtually to learn about services and resources provided by job centers, workforce partners, and libraries. Attendees will get to know their counterparts, tour online resources, work through service scenarios, and brainstorm communication and collaboration strategies going forward.
1.5 CE contact hours are offered for these workshops. Please choose the date and location that works best for your schedule.
- Attendees will understand the services and resources available to the public provided by libraries and workforce development job centers.
- Attendees will work through customer scenarios together and brainstorm potential areas for communication and collaboration.
Virtual Workshop Dates and Recording Links
- June 16 from 1-2:30pm. Recording Available Here. With the West Central Wisconsin Development Area covering: Clark
- May 19th from 10-11:30am. Recording Coming Soon. With the Northwest Wisconsin Development Area covering: Taylor
- April 27th. Recording Available Here. With the North Central Workforce Development Area covering: Marathon, Langlade, Lincoln, Oneida, Forest
Please contact Anne Hamland with questions or accommodation needs at email@example.com.
The LAWDS project brings together public library staff with regional Workforce Development Boards (WDBs) and Wisconsin Job Centers, to facilitate more seamless support of job-seeking patrons, business owners, and entrepreneurs. This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.